Making your video reviews is easy! Just follow our tips below to start making your own videos for kids, by kids! Our list of Do’s and Don’ts makes it easy for you to know exactly what works best recording your video reviews! KidzVuz is the best YouTube alternative for having your say!
Here are a few simple Do’s and Don’ts to remember.
- Ask a grown up or a friend for help if you need it.
- Make Your Video 3 Minutes or Less If it’s much longer, other kids won’t watch it all the way through. (And we might not publish it!)
- Say your user name and the name of what you’re reviewing. (And if it’s a book, the author, too!)
- Tell us what’s good (or not so good) about what you’re reviewing.
- Practice. Think about what you want to say (you can even write it down first)
- Let us know: Would you spend your own money on this?
- Remember you are giving advice to other kids. What do you think they need to know about this product?
- Stay close to the camera – that’s where the microphone is!
- Watch your video before you submit it. If it doesn’t look or sound right, keep trying until it does.
- Be honest and Have Fun!
- Say your real name, your address, email, phone number or the name of your school in your review! It’s important you keep all that private.
- Have big logos on your clothing or music or TV playing in the background.
- Use anyone’s words but your own.
- Use bad words. We watch every single video before it goes up and we won’t put up anything that’s inappropriate.
- Have anyone with you. We know it’s fun to make videos with friends — but every kid on KidzVuz needs parental permission to be on the site. And you are the only one with permission to use your account. Sorry!
That’s the general idea, now here are some more specific rules about what kinds of videos/comments we will and won’t accept:
- You CANNOT NO WAY ABSOLUTELY DON’T include any personally identifiable information of any kind, including full names (just your first name is okay), your address, phone number, e-mail, the name of your school, your personal websites — basically, anything that tells anyone too much about who and where you are.
- Copyrighted material of any kind
- Anything that’s not in English
- Cyber bullying, gossip or rude/negative comments about another user’s review
- Full or partial nudity
- Obscene and/or offensive material or language (that includes song lyrics)
- Violent Content – real or pretend
- Dangerous stunts
- Negative stereotypes
- URLs to other websites
- Videos with technical problems – like no audio, or bad audio. or that are too dark
- Encouragement of negative or illegal behavior or self harm
- ANY content by an adult
If you like, print out this page to have with you while you make your review.
That’s it! Have Fun! Have Your Say!